The Burney Master Portfolio was established to provide a measure of the effectiveness of the Burney Analytical System. It was initiated with the first ten stocks purchased for clients after the company’s founding in October 1974. The performance period depicted here is from January 1, 2000 and is represented by the Master Composite. The Master Composite is comprised of actual accounts that have replicated the Master Portfolio since January 1, 2000 and are managed by Burney Partners, an affiliate of the Burney Company. Performance is presented net of commissions and management fees and reflects the reinvestment of dividends and capital gains.
Burney Partners LLC claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS). Burney Partners, LLC has been independently verified for the periods January 1, 2000 through December 31, 2012. The verification report is available upon request. Verification assess whether (1) the firm has complied with all the composite construction requirements of the GIPS standards on a firm-wide basis and (2) the firm’s policies and procedures are designed to calculate and present performance in compliance with the GIPS standards. Verification does not ensure the accuracy of any specific composite presentation.
- Burney Partners is an independent investment management firm. The firm is located in Reston, Virginia. It is an affiliate of the SEC registered Burney Company.
- The Master Composite contains all portfolios that replicate the Burney Master Portfolio. The Burney Master Portfolio consistently maintains a small-cap and value bias.
- The benchmark was the S&P 500 prior to 11/2000 and pre-inception for both the SPDR S&P 1500 Composite ETF (SPTM) and SPDR S&P 600 Small Cap Value ETF (SLYV); after 11/2000, the benchmark was adjusted to comprise 70% SPTM and 30% SLYV to more accurately reflect the investment outcomes on a net-of-fees basis and account for the portfolio’s small-cap and value bias. The benchmark is rebalanced monthly.
- Valuations are computed and performance is reported in U.S. dollars.
- Net-of-fees returns are calculated using actual management fees. The management fee schedule is 1.10% on the first $500,000 and .9% of the portion of assets over $500,000.
- This composite was created on January 1st, 2000. A complete list of composite descriptions is available upon request. Policies for valuing portfolios, calculating performance, and preparing compliant presentations are available upon request.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Equity investments include the risk of loss. Individual portfolios are specially tailored to meet the investment objectives and risk tolerance of the client and as a result, may not hold the same stocks that comprise the Master Portfolio. Most clients elect to have personalized portfolios; however, some client portfolios mirror the Master Portfolio and their respective performance results obtained do not differ materially from those shown here. Portfolios with significant fixed income and money market investments have underperformed the Master Portfolio.